Do you eat note-shaped cereal for breakfast? Does listening to dance music make you happier than a small child in a toy store? Are you able to do an amazing job despite – or maybe even due to – being a wee bit crazy? If your answer to all of these questions is a firm “Yes”, you’ll fit right in here at Armada Music. And as faith would have it, we have just the job opening for you. We’re looking for a full-time DJ Promoter.
As a DJ Promoter for Armada, you’ll be (jointly) responsible for promoting artists and their music to DJs and radio show producers. To do this, you’ll be in frequent contact with our A&R, Digital and Product Management departments as well as the DJs and their teams.
• Together with the team, you’ll determine the strategy for DJ promotion per release;
• To implement this strategy, you’ll reach out to DJs and radio show producers, pitch the new releases and provide them with new music;
• You are constantly taking steps to expand the existing network;
• Together with the team, you’ll investigate the online and offline possibilities to improve our DJ promotion;
• You’ll report your findings and the direct results of the DJ promotion to various departments within Armada;
Our ideal candidate
• You are always up to date with the latest trends in the dance music industry and you know everything about DJs and radio shows;
• You have demonstrable experience in music promotion;
• You are able to pitch tracks with genuine passion and conviction;
• You have completed a college education (e.g. Media & Entertainment, Music Management);
• You are socially skilled and blessed with a proactive attitude and excellent communication skills;
• You are enthusiastic, stress-resistant, precise and a team player;
• You have an excellent command of the Dutch language and the English language;
• You (preferably) live in or near Amsterdam;
• You are available full time.
• You will be joining the ranks of a young and dynamic team;
• You will receive a monthly salary befitting your age and experience;
• We offer favorable secondary working conditions, including 25 days off (per year) and an appealing pension scheme;
• And if that doesn’t convince you, know that we’ve got our own in-office club for wild office parties and Friday afternoon drinks, a gym open to anyone who wants to blow off some steam and colleagues so fun you probably don’t even want to head back home at the end of the day. And of course, we’re stocked up on an enormous amount of the music you love.
Can’t contain your excitement? Please apply by using the application form including your resume and cover letter. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
STUDIO MANAGER & PRODUCER
What I like most about my job at Armada is that they give me the space to be creative and use my skills in the best possible way. From the beginning, there was a lot of trust and support to achieve what I wanted to achieve in this company. This gives me the motivation and inspiration to develop and fully commit to Armada Music and achieve bigger results, together.
Here at Armada, I have the complete creative freedom to be able to follow my musical intuition and, most importantly, my gut instinct. Having trust instilled into me from the top down is a key aspect to me being a successful A&R Manager in the dance music industry.
PR & RADIO PROMOTION
My love for music is the reason I started working at Armada Music, and I feel blessed being able to share our music with the world every day. It’s more than that though. Everyone who’s working at Armada does so because of a passion. It’s in the simple things. Being able to share my enthusiasm about a track, an artist, a small melody in a great tune or to simply enjoy live music together with colleagues is something I value highly and am very grateful for having. If I’m completely honest, there’s not been one day where I didn’t feel like going to work. I just love it! Armada is my home.
No day is the same. The music industry is hyper dynamic, so the way in which we approach our activities and business model can change from month to month. To meet our ambitions, we need to be flexible, smart and fast. It is an environment where we need to challenge ourselves every day, but the possibilities are endless. If you have a good idea and a solid plan, chances are pretty good you get to bring it to life!
In 2003, I founded Armada Music with Armin van Buuren and David Lewis for one simple reason: because of a genuine love for dance music. Because of the amazing people here, that reason still holds true today. Every day, we connect through a mutual passion and put our heart and soul into everything we do. We inspire ourselves and each other, just so we can give the music the platform it deserves.
The Armada family is defined by a blend of talented creatives, marketing specialists, legal and financial people (and more) with a true passion for music. It is the heart and soul of the company, something you can feel everywhere and in everyone who works here. Being part of such a family inspires me every single day.