Marketing Manager (Amsterdam/London)
London, England, United KingdomMarketing
Is the word “strategy” highlighted in your personal dictionary? Are you on top of new trends, audience behaviours and technological developments within the music business? Do you love discovering stories and exploring genres in electronic music? Does listening to dance music make you happier than a small child in a toy store? Then you may just be the chosen one because we are open to hire a Marketing Manager in Amterdam or London.
As a Marketing Manager in the label’s catalog team, you will be responsible for successfully marketing a range of Armada’s most successful and iconic tracks as well as existing and newly acquired label catalogs across a range of different genres in electronic music. You will work closely with the A&R, Product management, Digital Distribution, Promotion and Social Media teams to design and implement marketing plans, and run campaigns with concrete goals, actions and budgets to achieve optimal commercial success. In addition to reaching and activating the right target groups through strategic and creative actions via Armada Music's in-house promotion channels, you will also collaborate with external partners to promote our catalogs.
What will you be doing?
- Determine the marketing strategy based on project objectives and draw up marketing plans for a wide range of tracks, established artists and labels. With a focus on introducing new audiences to the artist & label music catalogs and re-awakening interest from existing / lapsed audiences. Together with the project teams, execute marketing plans and campaign timelines. Always staying on top of a project’s developments, identify new opportunities and translate these into actionable marketing strategies. Keep in close contact with the Beat Music Fund team and Armada Music’s Catalog team about upcoming acquisitions. Take an active role in obtaining complete information in time for further rollout.
- You will keep in tune with new trends and follow technological developments closely, indulging in conceptual thinking. We want innovative, disruptive thinking
- Establish and maintain project-related contact with external parties such as artists, labels, booking agencies, festivals and venues, publishers, media partners (RTV, print, online), influencers / agencies, media agencies, marketing & advertising agencies, brands etc.
- Control cost, manage marketing budget and make a case for new investments and purchases of external campaigns.
- Have a focus on digital touch points and how to use these to drive awareness and direct consumption of an artist’s catalog. Including DSP and streaming accounts, social media channels, 3rd party curators & community spaces. Including Spotify / Apple Music / YouTube / Amazon Music / Beatport / Soundcloud / TikTok
- Work with our artists, PR, digital and wider marketing teams to tell compelling stories about specific tracks, artists, labels and musical eras. To bring the music to life with new and existing audiences. With a focus on both long-form and short-form storytelling content and content creator opportunities.
- Care as much about the detail as the holistic strategy. Understand the importance of product delivery, curation, artist profile maintenance, use of DSP-specific marketing toolkits to drive discovery and consumption. Alongside the big, fun stuff.
- Work with the wider digital, product and marketing team to devise new digital and physical product strategies to drive increased consumption of our catalog. Including DSP waterfalling, remix products, compilation products, hi-def audio, edits and dynamic playlisting. Work with the digital and streaming account management teams to devise DSP specific promotions for our releases.
- You have 3-5 years of music-related marketing experience in a similar role with a substantial track record in online/digital /content-based marketing;
- You are aware of the dynamics and processes within the music industry and have good knowledge of the (social) media landscape;
- You possess excellent organisational and communicative skills and have the ability to drive forward processes within project teams;
- You have an analytical mind and have an ambitious, decisive and a problem-solving mentality;
- You enjoy dance music and the wider culture around it. Including storytelling and discovery.
- You have an interest in combining new marketing approaches and strategies into catalog music that audiences have an existing relationship with.
- You have demonstrable experience working closely with artists and artist managers
- You have experience of commissioning creative assets
- You have experience of interpreting data and applying it to strategic campaign management.
- You’re in for a challenge and like dynamic working environments. You are used to working with strict deadlines, know how to prioritise and thrive under pressure;
- You are an effective communicator and motivator, well versed in the English language, both in speech and in writing.
What will we offer you in return?
At Armada Music, you’ll be pursuing your passion on an international scale. Calling an inspiring and musical environment home, you’ll bump fists with a young and dynamic team of skilled coworkers. We also offer 25 days off per year to force you to miss us every once in a while and an appealing pension scheme for when we finally decide to grow up. O, and we’ll pay you. There’s that too, of course.
About Armada Music
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, founded in 2003 by Armin van Buuren, Maykel Piron and David Lewis (AR-MA-DA). Promoting dance music all over the world from its offices in Amsterdam (HQ), New York and London, Armada Music represents and cultivates the creative exploits of some of the biggest players in the electronic music game, including Armin van Buuren, ARTY, Audien, Brando, Cat Dealers, D.O.D, Ferry Corsten, Jan Blomqvist, Loud Luxury, and Tensnake.