As Armada Music’s PR Manager, you are responsible for devising and setting up creative PR campaigns for our releases, artists, labels, merchandise and events. You will strike up (and maintain) relationships with various media (e.g. blogs, magazines, newspapers and radio and television channels) on one hand and artists, brands, promoters, creators, influencers, managers and labels on the other. You are also a (trusted) point of contact for the managers and artists, and a linchpin both within the organization and for external parties.
What exactly are you going to do?
• You devise and set up PR and promotional campaigns for the Armada Music label and its releases.
• You actively maintain our press contacts, press lists and systems;
• You set up interviews with artists;
• You coordinate press days;
• You send (promo) mail-outs to the press and follow up accordingly;
• You create, file and distribute PR reports;
• You contribute to the (social) content strategy by generating content ideas and building bridges between our artists and online content creators/ outlets
• You create and send out press releases in our system;
• You accompany artists during radio and television recordings; and are a representative of Armada Music at events, festivals and conferences.
• You provide assistance with external events, for example by guiding artists during interviews or photo shoots; and help organize Armada industry events.
• You have a bachelor's degree in communication or marketing;
• You have up to three years of relevant work experience, preferably within the music industry;
• You are able to work accurately and quickly at the same time;
• You are social, constructive, proactive and have a strong affinity with electronic music
• You are communicatively strong;
• You can work both independently and as part of a team;
• You aren’t held back by a nine-to-five mentality;
• You have a good command of the Dutch and English language, in both conversation and writing;
• You preferably live in or around Amsterdam.
At Armada Music, you’ll be pursuing your passion on an international scale. Calling an inspiring and musical environment home, you’ll bump fists with a young and dynamic team of skilled coworkers, both during office hours and at the legendary Friday afternoon drinks in our in-office club (once the situation allows this again). We also offer an appealing pension scheme for when we finally decide to grow up and 25 days off per year to force you to miss us every once in a while. And we’ll pay you. There’s that too, of course. And one more thing, please keep in mind that this position is at our office in Amsterdam. Therefore we prefer applicants who live in or around this beautiful city with a reasonable travel distance to our office.
Is this vacancy keeping you up at night? Click on 'Apply now' and send us your resume and cover letter. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
STUDIO MANAGER & PRODUCER
What I like most about my job at Armada is that they give me the space to be creative and use my skills in the best possible way. From the beginning, there was a lot of trust and support to achieve what I wanted to achieve in this company. This gives me the motivation and inspiration to develop and fully commit to Armada Music and achieve bigger results, together.
Here at Armada, I have the complete creative freedom to be able to follow my musical intuition and, most importantly, my gut instinct. Having trust instilled into me from the top down is a key aspect to me being a successful A&R Manager in the dance music industry.
PR & RADIO PROMOTION
My love for music is the reason I started working at Armada Music, and I feel blessed being able to share our music with the world every day. It’s more than that though. Everyone who’s working at Armada does so because of a passion. It’s in the simple things. Being able to share my enthusiasm about a track, an artist, a small melody in a great tune or to simply enjoy live music together with colleagues is something I value highly and am very grateful for having. If I’m completely honest, there’s not been one day where I didn’t feel like going to work. I just love it! Armada is my home.
No day is the same. The music industry is hyper dynamic, so the way in which we approach our activities and business model can change from month to month. To meet our ambitions, we need to be flexible, smart and fast. It is an environment where we need to challenge ourselves every day, but the possibilities are endless. If you have a good idea and a solid plan, chances are pretty good you get to bring it to life!
In 2003, I founded Armada Music with Armin van Buuren and David Lewis for one simple reason: because of a genuine love for dance music. Because of the amazing people here, that reason still holds true today. Every day, we connect through a mutual passion and put our heart and soul into everything we do. We inspire ourselves and each other, just so we can give the music the platform it deserves.
The Armada family is defined by a blend of talented creatives, marketing specialists, legal and financial people (and more) with a true passion for music. It is the heart and soul of the company, something you can feel everywhere and in everyone who works here. Being part of such a family inspires me every single day.