Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsA&R
Do you recognize amazing talent from afar and have a keen ear for potential hit songs? Do you feel right at home in the dance music world and are you always working hard to maintain and expand your network? Do you know what makes or breaks a record? Then you’re the one we’re looking for!
Our new A&R Manager will be part of an international team of A&R managers and will report to the Head of A&R Operations. They have an expansive network within the (dance) music industry and know how to use it. They will focus on inviting new and established artists to our offices ensuring professional relationship management, and additionally be involved with Armada (office) Invites and events.
What will you be doing?
- You will scout and sign talented artists making waves on a global scale;
- You will maintain existing relationships with artists and nurture/develop your own acts;
- You will actively search for artists, writers, producers, toplines, remixers and other specialized talent able to contribute or add to the quality of our releases and our repertoire;
- You will match the right people by making perfect use of your connections within the music industry;
- You will visit performances, showcases, club nights and similar events to discover new talent and maintain existing relationships;
- You will gather all the necessary information from all parties involved in a record deal;
- You will create and oversee release plans made in tandem with the assigned Marketing or Product Manager (and the PR, Creative and Digital teams);
- You will use your knowledge of dance music to help releases realize their potential;
- You will collaborate with the Product and Marketing team in developing marketing assets, strategies, marketing plans and campaigns.
- You will attend Armada related ‘Club’ events, festivals and parties as an A&R representative.
- You are extremely passionate about dance music;
- You bring 3-5 years of experience in a similar role;
- You know all there is to know about dance music and Armada Music, and you are extremely knowledgeable about the discographies of relevant artists and catalogs from many other labels worldwide
- You know how record labels operate, especially in terms of product marketing, business occasions, A&R administration and more;
- You’re able to cope with pressure and changing deadlines extremely well; you’re able to keep your head straight while working on multiple projects at the same time;
- You’re the boss when it comes to negotiating deals;
- You love working in tandem with all of the company’s different departments to get results fast;
- You are resourceful, creative and you live and breathe dance music;
- You currently live in or near Amsterdam.
What will we offer you in return?
At Armada Music, you’ll be pursuing your passion on an international scale. Calling an inspiring and musical environment home, you’ll bump fists with a young and dynamic team of skilled coworkers, both during office hours and at Friday afternoon drinks. O, and we’ll pay you a monthly salary befitting your age and experience and offer favorable secondary working conditions. And one more thing, please keep in mind that this position is at our office in Amsterdam. Therefore, we prefer applicants who live in or around one of these beautiful city with a reasonable travel distance to our office.
ABOUT ARMADA MUSIC:
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, founded in 2003 by Armin van Buuren, Maykel Piron and David Lewis (AR-MA-DA). Promoting dance music all over the world from its offices in Amsterdam (HQ), New York and London, Armada Music represents and cultivates the creative exploits of some of the biggest players in the electronic music game, including Armin van Buuren, ARTY, Audien, Brando, Cat Dealers, D.O.D, Ferry Corsten, Jan Blomqvist, Loud Luxury, and Tensnake.